Dust flux, Vostok ice core

Dust flux, Vostok ice core
Two dimensional phase space reconstruction of dust flux from the Vostok core over the period 186-4 ka using the time derivative method. Dust flux on the x-axis, rate of change is on the y-axis. From Gipp (2001).

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Huang He fishing village

About two years ago, I set out to find the fishing village north of Zhengzhou, close to the Yellow River. It was reputed to be something of a minor tourist destination. I followed my trusty all-in-Chinese map, and although I got somewhat close, I never did find it. At the time I hadn't mastered the transit functions on my phone map, and ended up going slightly astray.

This spring I finally made it, and unfortunately, found it slightly underwhelming. The place seems to have given up on fishing and has given itself to hosting barbeques for the locals and especially their children.



The place doubles as a summer camp where students can practice art, while they live in abandoned rail cars.




Idyllic, but almost devoid of activity.




And what village would be complete without a monument to cabbage?


1 comment:

  1. Somehow I thought that most Chinese places are very crowded.
    This village shows how wrong I was.

    ReplyDelete