Dust flux, Vostok ice core

Dust flux, Vostok ice core
Two dimensional phase space reconstruction of dust flux from the Vostok core over the period 186-4 ka using the time derivative method. Dust flux on the x-axis, rate of change is on the y-axis. From Gipp (2001).

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

A friendly letter to the media

Dear BBC, WaPo, CBC, et al.

I wish to lodge a complaint. What you present is news is nothing but a lousy pack of lies.

Please don't misunderstand. I am well aware of your role in society, and understand the lying is what you do. That isn't what I am complaining about. What I am complaining about is the lousiness of your lies.

It is becoming increasingly easy to find contradictory evidence disproving your lies posted on various social media, blogs, and alternative media sites. The fact that your lies are so easily seen to be lies offends me--it makes me think you don't think very highly of my intelligence.

It wouldn't bother me that much, but to be honest, I'm worried for you. If you don't shape up, you may be retired (in the Blade Runner sense of the word).

Do try to do better. Lots of us are rooting for you.

Cheerio!

1 comment:

  1. Pointing out examples as you encounter them would be helpful to those less clever and informed than yourself.

    ReplyDelete